2012年5月1日星期二

Gifting Myself

>> I've gotten into the habit lately of buying 'gifts' for Steve that are masquerading as things for me to nick.  It's a selfish deed that is supposedly making up for the fact that I'm not really shopping for myself but then subconsciously or err… in some cases, with a blatant amount of consciousness, these 'gifts' for Steve from abroad, that are supposed to say "Sorry for all this travelling around…" inevitably end up going on my back too.

It's too obvious for words when they all come together here yet I stand my ground.  When in store,Monster Beats Butterfly, I thought to myself "Steve will LOVE this", and ok, I pretty much got it 80% correct.  The tassels on the black denim Phenomenon shirt were perhaps a step too far and yes, everything can conveniently also be worked into my own wardrobe.  That my taste in menswear concurs with my own taste in clothing isn't a radical brainwave but perhaps a lesson in the art of sturdy menswear wardrobe-building probably needs to be taken if I'm to stop this selfish habit… or simply put, I should just think about whether tassels and prints are at all Steve's cup of tea... doh! 

1) KZO navajo-style jacket from Aloharag in New York

2) Phenomenon black denim shirt from Pigalle in Paris (alright,Gucci Shoulder Bags, Steve may not like tassels but the offerings from this Japanese label are exactly what it says on the tin...)

3) A Kind of Guise leather backpack from Wood Wood in Berlin

I'll wear parts of these gifts in their separated form only if I really have to… to lessen the guilt.  I just need to get them on his back more to properly atone…

On an up note, the backpack is a wild success.  Steve wants to butter it on toast and eat it.  There's a whole lot of wrong in that sentence.

DSC_1582

DSC_1592

DSC_1597

DSC_1599

DSC_1606

DSC_1608
(Worn with Victim leopard print dress from Cash in Berlin - ok, I DID shop for myself...DOH, Tabio socks,coach sandals, Acne shoes)

没有评论:

发表评论