2012年5月13日星期日

Hot! or Hmm… The 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awar

Hey all! Vuitton here with a quick look at the red carpet of the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. A bevy of stars graced the awards ceremony dressed to the nines while some didn’t glisten as they should have for such an auspicious occasion. Without further ado, here are the nominees for hots and nots.
20110919-055025.jpg
First up is Kerry Washington

The actress looked unfathomably hot in a strapless red Zuhair Murad Couture gown. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw how amazing she looked. In spite of the red lips and clutch, the overall look wasn’t an overkill of the color in my eyes. Definitely one of my favorites of the night. SIZZLING!

Rashida Jones twirled on the carpet…

Rashida went for a softer look this go ’round with this strapless pink Alberta Ferretti gown. Cinched at the waist with ruched detailing about the bust, the star chose the right dress for the occasion. Coordinated with her skin tone effortlessly. Hot! I loved the makeup, but I would have preferred a nude, glossy lip as opposed to the deep red shade.

Jurnee Smollett was in attendance as well…

Placing aside the trends of reds and all things shimmery, Smollet opted for a plum deep V halter gown with a thigh grazing slit. Just the right amount of risk was taken with this scintilating choice, and her figure looks great in it. Hot! By the way, can we all ogle like little kids in a candy store over her sparkly peep toe ankle strap platforms? SICK-O-NING!

Taraji P. Henson struck a pose on the carpet…

I wish this Blumarine dress coincided with her acting abilities, as this was definitely not the right decision. Hmm… I’m not a fan of dresses with spaghetti straps at red carpet events as they often tend to give off a negligee effect. The shimmery details did not sing to me and the overall fit of the dress was…well…ill-fitting. She has become hit or miss with me lately. Hopefully, she gets back on board soon.

LL Cool J represented for the guys at the awards…

As per usual, LL Cool J never wows me on a red carpet. For starters, he should really think about losing the Kangol driver’s cap and embrace the bald. I did, however, appreciate the risk involved in wearing a white bowtie. Though I wasn’t sold, the efforts and attempt were indeed valiant ones. And the trousers? Hmm…I hated the way they bunched up at the ankles. If a tailor had taken to them, LL could have been saved.

And as for the Glee girls, Amber Riley represented for the hit TV show…

Brilliantly leaving jewelry to a minimum, Amber wore a mauve colored gown with jeweled details on the shoulders and ruched detailing about the bust and bodice. One word. YES! She looked stunning, and the dress fit her perfectly. The bob and makeup…superb! *awaits Danielle’s beauty commentary*

Co-star Naya Rivera made her way to the festivities as well…

Usually one to experiment with colors and prints, Naya opted for simple and chic in this black gown with interesting details about the bodice and neckline. The modest, but somehow curvehugging silhouette was a great choice for this evening’s event. The strap-like details about the bodice were unusual, but eyecatching in the best way possible. Hot look in my opinion.

And last, but not least is co-star Lea Michele

Star of the primtime phenomenon that is Glee, Lea chose a dress that she thought what have matched the show’s outstanding viewership. However, in this red cowl back Marchesa number with rosette shoulder details, she fell flat. A ton of people may laud her for this, but I wasn’t on board when I saw it. Yes, it is interesting, but hmm…I honestly expected more especially since she’s become somewhat of a red carpet darling. It seemed like a last minute decision. And even for Marchesa, I thought the dress was too simple for a brand known for its opulence.

And there you have it. Kerry Washington stole my heart completely this week. Who did it for you?

~Vuitton